Daniel Ralphsson is a dynamic and dedicated singer who has an exceptional talent to interpret complex characters and has so far had a hugely successful career.
Mr Ralphsson has a solid and extensive musical education. He studied composition in Malmö, choir conducting, vocal coaching and classical song at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm and graduated from the Masters programme at the University College of Opera in Stockholm. During his training he was also involved in several opera productions including the world premiers of both Bridgend Blues (Olov Olofsson) and Nätverket (Sven-David Sandström), and in roles such as Sailor in Dido and Aeneas at Confidencen and Tom Rakewall in The Rake’s Progress.
Daniel Ralphsson made his debut at the Royal Opera House in Stockholm performing Dr Blind in Die Fledermaus. He went on to perform Nobleman of Brabant in Lohengrin, Pang in Turandot and Monostatos in an exciting new production of The Magic Flute at this highly prestigious venue. A very highly acclaimed role is also the part Third Angel in the piece Written on Skin by the British composer George Benjamin.
Mr Ralphsson regularly performs and shares his talent in churches across Sweden, singing works by among others Mozart, Bach, Schubert, Charpentier, Monteverdi. His recital repertoire is varied and spans everything from Schubert to Ives.
Daniel Ralphsson’s coming and recent engagements includes Basilio in Le nozze di Figaro, Bardolfo in Falstaff and Pong in Turandot, all three at the Royal Opera House in Stockholm. He will also be performing Third Angel in Written on Skin again, this time in Italy and Roberto in Le Villi (Puccini) at Årsta Folkets Hus in Stockholm.
- Bardolfo in Falstaff, Royal Opera House, Stockholm 2016
- Basilio in Le nozze di Figaro, Royal Opera House, Stockholm 2015/2016
- Brabantische Edle in Lohengrin (Wagner), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2012
- Dr Blind in Die Fledermaus (Strauss), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2012
- First Jew in Salome (Strauss), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2014
- Florestan in Fidelio (Beethoven), Årsta Folkets Hus 2014
- Gastone in La Traviata (Verdi), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2015
- Goro in Madama Butterfly (Puccini), Royal Opera House 2014 & 2015 and Folkoperan, Stockholm 2011, and Göteborgsoperan, Gothenburg 2016
- Gran Sacerdote in Idomeneo (Mozart), at Drottningholms Slottsteater, 2014
- John/Third Angel in Written on Skin (Benjamin), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2015
- Le Mari, Les Mamelles de Tirésias (Poulenc), Årsta Folkets Hus, Stockholm 2013
- Luzio in Das Liebesverbot (Wagner), Årsta Folkets Hus, Stockholm 2015
- Monostatos in Die Zauberflöte (Mozart), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2012
- Pang in Turandot (Puccini), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2013
- Pasquale in Orlando Paladino (Haydn), Drottningholms Slottsteater Stockholm 2012
- Pong in Turandot, Royal Opera House, Stockholm 2016
- Roderigo in Otello (Verdi), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2015
- Sailor in Dido and Aeneas (Purcell)
- Soliman in Zaide (Mozart), Årsta Folkets Hus, Stockholm 2011
- Spoletta in Tosca (Puccini), Royal Opera House Stockholm 2012
- Tim Jones in Bridgend Blues (Olofsson)
- Tom Rakewell in The Rake’s Progress (Stravinskij)
- Zoliman in Zaide (Mozart)
This text must not be revised or shortened without the permission of Good Company.