Katarina Dalayman is one of the world’s most sought after dramatic sopranos. Currently she is performing in Wagner and Strauss productions, playing the roles of Isolde, Kundry, Elektra and every part of Brünnhilde, in the major opera houses around the world, including: The Metropolitan Opera, Opéra National de Paris, Wiener Staatsoper, La Scala, Deutsche Oper Berlin, Semper Opera, Salzburger Festspiele and Festival d’Aix en Provence to name but a few. She has appeared with many renowned conductors: Riccardo Chailly, Sir Colin Davis, James Levine, Wolfgang Sawallisch, Michael Tilson Thomas, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Antonio Pappano, Sir Mark Elde and Zubin Mehta and with leading orchestras, such as the London Symphony Orchestra, BBC Orchestra, Vienna Philharmonics, Montreal Symphony Orchestra and the Munich Philharmonics.
During the season 2012/13 Katarina Dalayman continues to interpret Wagner. She has been highly celebrated for her interpretation of Kundry at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, a production that was broadcasted around the world in the Mets “Live in HD” performance transmissions. She also appears again as Brünnhilde in Robert Lepage’s Wagner Ring at the Met in spring. Further to this Mrs Dalayman returns to sing Brünnhilde at Wiener Staatsoper and the Bayerischen Staatsoper in Münich. Next season she will be singing Kundry in a new production of Parisal at the Royal Opera House in Stockholm and appear together with Bryn Terfel in Die Walküre at the Tanglewood Festival in USA.
Recently Katarina Dalayman interpreted, for the first time, the title role in Carmen in a new production at the Royal Opera House in Stockholm and seasons before that she has been performing Elektra and the Maddalena di Coigny in Andrea Chenier (Giordano) on the same stage. Further to this she sang Isolde in Dresden and Brünnhilde in the Wagner Ring at Opera Bastille in Paris (Siegfried and Götterdämmerung).
Other roles and engagements recently are every part of Brünnhilde at the Royal Opera in Stockholm (2005-2009), at the Aix-en-Provence Festival and at the Osterfestspiele in Salzburg, Judith (Bluebeard’s Castle) in Barcelona, Isolde at the Metropolitan Opera and in Berlin, Kundry in Dresden and Elektra in Stockholm and Savonlinna.
In 1992 Katarina Dalayman made her debut at the Royal Opera in Stockholm in the part of Amelia in “Simon Boccanegra “. She performed in a production together with Ingvar Wixell. Immediately she was contracted to work abroad. In December 2000 she became court singer by special appointment to the King, and four years later she was awarded “Litteris et Artibus” (1853), a royal medal for outstanding service to the arts, especially to music, dramatic art and literature.
Worth mentioning among Katarina Dalayman’s many acclaimed and celebrated performances over the years are:
- Marie (Wozzek) in Stockholm, Brussels, Stuttgart, New York, Paris and Florence and at the Royal Opera House and Covent Garden
- Desdemona (Otello) in Stuttgart, Cologne and Stockholm
- Elisabeth (Tannhäuser) in Munich and Gothenburg
- Eva (Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg) in Stuttgart and Amsterdam
- Elisabetta (Don Carlo) in Helsinki
- Lisa (Pique Dame) in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Munich
- Tosca (Tosca) in Gothenburg, Berlin and Copenhagen
- Mimi (La Bohème) in Stockholm, Stuttgart and Hamburg
- Ariadne (Ariadne auf Naxos) in Milan, Brussels, Dresden, Paris and Munich
- Marie/Marietta (Die tote Stadt) in Stockholm
- Contessa di Parma (Doktor Faustus) in New York and at Salzburger Festspiele
- Brangäne (Tristan und Isolde) in New York
- Kundry (Parsifal) in Paris
- Judith (Bluebeard’s Castle) in Stockholm, at Covent Garden and in New York
- Katerina (Lady Macbeth of Mzensk) in Stockholm, at Covent Garden and in New York
- Sieglinde (Die Walküre) in Stockholm, at Covent Garden and in New York
- Salome (Salome) in Stockholm
- Isolde (Tristan und Isolde) in New York and Berlin
This text must not be revised or shortened without the permission of Good Company.