Marianne Eklöf was educated at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm, Stage School in Gothenburg and Juilliard School in New York. She debuted in 1982 as Dulcinea in Don Quijote by Massenet and has since then sung many mezzo-soprano roles, many of them at the Royal Opera in Stockholm, where she is a member of the ensemble.
Current and recent engagements at the Royal Opera include Ulrika in Un ballo in maschera, Auntie in Peter Grimes, Marcellina in Le nozze di Figaro, Carmen in Carmen, Fricka in Das Rheingold, Madame de Croissy in Dialogues des Carmelites, Klytemnestra in Elektra, Clairon in Capriccio, Mrs Quickly in Falstaff, Herodias in Salome, Octavian in Der Rosenkavalier and Eboli in Don Carlos. She has also appeared as several Wagner-roles: Ortrud in Lohengrin, Venus in Tannhäuser, Mary in Der fliegende Holländer and Brangäne in Tristan und Isolde. Previously seasons she has appeared in the newly written opera Batseba, where Sven-David Sandström composed the role of Naomi specifically for her.
Marianne has also appeared at Malmö Opera, NorrlandsOperan, Den Jyske Opera, Folkoperan, Confidencen and Drottningholms Slottsteater.
She appears frequently on the concert scene with songs by, for example, Wolf, Brahms, Schubert and Schumann. She has a broad repertoire of Swedish, Spanish and French music.
- Auntie in Peter Grimes (Britten)
- Brangäne in Tristan und Isolde (Wagner)
- Carmen in Carmen (Bizet)
- Clarion in Capriccio (Strauss)
- Dulcinea in Don Quijote (Massenet)
- Eboli in Don Carlos (Verdi)
- Fricka in Das Rheingold (Wagner)
- Herodias in Salome (Strauss)
- Klytamnestra in Elektra (Strauss)
- Madame de Croissy in Dialogues des Carmelites (Poulenc)
- Marcellina in Le nozze di Figaro (Mozart)
- Mary in Der Fliegende Holländer (Wagner)
- Mrs Quickly in Falstaff (Verdi)
- Naomi in Batseba (Sandström)
- Octavian in der Rosenkavalier (Strauss)
- Ortrud in Lohengrin (Wagner)
- Ulrika in Un ballo in maschera (Verdi)
- Venus in Tannhäuser (Wagner)
This text must not be revised or shortened without the permission of Good Company AB.