Linus Börjesson has a warm, elegant baritone and a fine presence on stage.
Linus Börjesson finished his studies at the University College of Opera in Stockholm in 2007. He sang in Handel’s ”Xerxes” as Elviro at the Drottningholm Court Theatre and later that summer he appeared as Carlo Gustavo in Jacopo Foronis ”Christina di Svezia” at Vadstena International Academy. The latter was repeated at Confidencen in Stockholm summer of 2008. His scenic debut as a soloist took place the year before at Folkoperan in Stockholm, where he alternated between the part of Marullo and Ceprano in Rigoletto.
He has been awarded scholarships from the Royal Swedish Academy of Music as well as the Swedish Wagner Society’s Bayreuth scholarship.
Further on Mr Börjesson has been engaged in roles such as Second Mate in Billy Budd, The Duke of Osuna in Goya, in which he also was cover for the lead role, both at GöteborgsOperan, the title role of Eugen Onegin at Vanemuine Theatre, Dancaïro in Carmen, Bello in La Fanciulla del West and Elviro in Xerxes, all three at the venue of the Royal Opera in Stockholm.
He has also appeared in concerts and religious contexts, such as the Berwald Hall and Concert Hall in Stockholm, in works such as Mozart’s Requiem, Sven-David Sandström’s ”Ordet”, and Carl Nielsen’s 3rd Symphony.
Linus Börjesson’s recent and coming engagements include roles such as Ping in Turandot and Masetto in Don Giovanni, both at the Royal Opera in Stockholm, and the lead role of Eugen Onegin at the Vanemuine Theatre in Tartu, Estonia.
- Bello in La Fanciulla del West (Puccini)
- Carlo Gustavo in Christina di Svezia (J. Foroni)
- Ceprano in Rigoletto (Verdi)
- Dancaïro in Carmen (Bizet)
- Elviro in Xerxes (Handel)
- Eugen Onegin in Eugen Onegin (Tjajkovskij)
- Harašta in The Cunning Little Vixen (Janá?ek)
- Marullo in Rigoletto (Verdi)
- Masetto in Don Giovanni (Mozart)
- Ping in Turandot (Puccini)
- Second Mate in Billy Budd (Britten)
- The Duke of Osuna in Goya (Börtz)
This text must no be revised or shortened without the permission of Good Company.