Krister St.Hill is a Swedish/Trinidadian baritone with a strong, dramatic talent who along with his exceptional singing ability, captivating voice and powerful stage presence continues to impress audiences around the world with a great number of unforgettable performances.
Krister St. Hill made his debut with Escamillo in Carmen in Stockholm, which was just the beginning for this talented baritone. He went on to perform at the Houston Grand Opera in Michael Tippett’s latest opera New Year, appeared in the same opera at Glyndebourne, and repeated it in a BBC production and a Royal Festival Hall concert version.
The UK and the US are not the only international markets that pay attention to Mr St. Hill. He has been performing in Amsterdam singing Klingsor in a Parsifal Concert; at the Théâtre du Châtelet, Paris, in Scott Joplin’s opera Treemonisha; as Marcello at Opera Sør in Norway; sang the demanding role of Telramund in Cologne Opera’s production of Lohengrin directed by Klaus Maria Brandauer and conducted by Markus Stenz and his Scarpia at Landestheater Linz was extremely appreciated by the Austrian audiences, a role that he has also been thrilling audiences of the Hessiches Staats Theater Wiesbaden with. Mr St. Hill performed yet another stand out performance when he sang the role of Créon in Oedipus Rex, this production he toured with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra under the baton of well renowned conductor Esa Pekka Salonen.
Some of Krister St. Hill’s critically acclaimed performances at the Royal Opera House in Stockholm include Iago in Otello, Tonio in Pagliacci and Amonasro in Aida. In his hometown Gothenburg he has sung Wagner’s The Flying Dutchman, Jochanaan in Strauss Salome, and Scarpia in Verdi’s Tosca at GöteborgsOperan to name but a few. One of his most remarkable performances at this opera house was in a new original version of Verdi’s A Masked Ball, “Gustavo III”, he received critical acclaim for his portrayal of Anckarström and sang one of Verdi’s arias which until that time had never been performed.
Roles that Mr St.Hill has performed recently include Germont in La Traviata, Prince Yeletskky in Pique Dame and Dr Falke in Die Fledermaus at the Royal Opera House in Stockholm, He also returned to his debut role as Escamillo in a new production at Malmö Opera and performed Jago in Otello at Oldenburgisches Staatstheater. Further to this Krister St. Hill made his debut at Göteborgs Stadsteater in a play by Tony Kushner, the author of Angels in America.
- Amonasro in Aida (Verdi)
- Anckarström/Renato in Gustavo III/Un ballo in maschera (Verdi)
- Conte di Luna in Il Trovatore (Verdi)
- Créon in Oedipus Rex (Stravinsky)
- Don Fernando in Fidelio (Beethoven)
- Dr Falke in Die Fledermaus (J Strauss)
- Escamillo in Carmen (Bizet)
- Germont in La Traviata (Verdi)
- Jago in Otello (Verdi)
- Jochanaan in Salome (Strauss)
- Jonny in Jonny Spielt Auf (Krenek)
- Klingsor in Parisfal (Wagner)
- Marcello in La Bohème (Puccini)
- Ned Keene in Peter Grimes (Britten)
- Nick Shadow in The Rake’s Progress (Stravinsky)
- Ping in Turandot (Puccini)
- Prince Yeletsky in Pique Dame (Tchaikovsky)
- Sancho Pancha in Don Quichotte (Massenet)
- Scarpia in Tosca (Puccini)
- Schaunard in La Bohème (Puccini)
- Telramund in Lohengrin (Wagner)
- Holländer in Die Fliegende Holländer (Wagner)
- Tonio in Pagliacci (Leoncavallo)
This text must not be revised or shortened without the permission of Good Company.